How can we help you?
Search our help center for:
Can I select seats for my flights?
If I book a seat, is it guaranteed?
Can I book an additional seat next to mine and keep it empty?
What should I do if my credit card is declined while making a booking?
Why didn’t I receive a confirmation email after payment?
Where can I find my ticket’s fare conditions?
Can I change a name on a ticket or reservation?
Something came up and I am unable to travel. What do I do?
How is the cost of my ticket calculated?
How is it possible that my ticket cost changed after I paid for it?
Which currencies can I pay for my ticket with?
How long is my ticket valid for?
Can I make changes to my booking?
What happens if I am unable to make part of my booked flights for medical reasons?
What is a flight boarding card (coupon)?
The flight I booked has a code-share. What does this mean?
What is flyEgypt’s refund policy?
- The refund is made to either the person whose name is on the ticket or the person who has paid for the ticket, upon presentation of satisfactory proof of payment;
- If the ticket has refund restrictions, flyEgypt shall make a refund only to the person who paid for the ticket;
- Refunds are made once the ticket and any unused flight coupons are surrendered to the entity or agent that completed your booking. This does not apply to electronic ticket holders;
- Refunds for bookings paid by credit card will only be credited to the account used to pay for the ticket.
- The refunded amount and currency will be the same as that specified on the flight ticket and may be subject to additional conversion rates and fees by the credit card company. Any differences shall not constitute grounds for claims against us by the refund’s recipient.
Check-in & Boarding
Do I need to present the credit card used for payment?
When do I need to check-in?
What happens when a flight is overbooked?
When do I have to be at the boarding gate?
I lost my boarding pass. What should I do?
What happens if I miss my flight?
Let us know as soon as possible, and we will help you make alternative travel arrangements. Many of our fares are valid only on a specific date or for a particular flight, which means some tickets cannot be changed at all, or requires a change fee. Please check the conditions of your ticket carefully before booking. If you are unsure, please contact us on any of our support channels.
If you do not show up for any flight prior to the check-in deadline, we may cancel your return or onward reservations and charge an administrative fee.
In what instances can a passenger be denied boarding?
- flyEgypt is obliged to do so to comply with applicable national or international laws or regulations, or in accordance with the airline’s policies;
- flyEgypt has reason to believe that the passenger, or their baggage, endanger or affect the safety or health of flyEgypt’s passengers and crew;
- flyEgypt has reason to believe that the passenger’s mental or physical state (including but not limited to impairment from alcohol, drugs) poses a threat or hazard to the passenger’s self, fellow passengers, crew and staff, aircraft or property;
- the passenger refuses a security check of their self or their baggage; fails to provide satisfactory answers to questions; attempts to tamper with or remove any security seals on their baggage or boarding pass;
- the passenger does not have a valid form of identification, or does not satisfy visa requirements which flyEgypt is obliged to follow;
- the passenger presents a ticket that appears to have been acquired unlawfully, or purchased from an entity that is not authorised by us to resell flyEgypt tickets;
- the passenger fails to provide sufficient support to prove that s/he is the person on the ticket;
- the passenger fails to follow the safety and flyEgypt’s security instructions, or in any way acts in a manner that hinders the performance of flyEgypt team;
- flyEgypt has a documented case of misconduct on a previous part of the passenger’s journey and has reason to believe that this may happen again on the upcoming flight;
- the passenger uses threatening, abusive, insulting, harassing or indecent words or behaves in a threatening, abusive or insulting manner to ground staff or members of the crew prior to or during boarding the aircraft or disembarkation from or on a connecting flight or on board the aircraft before take-off;
- the passenger fails to observe flyEgypt’s instructions relating to safety or security and comfort of other passengers (for example, amongst other things, on seating; storage of unchecked baggage; smoking; consumption of alcohol; use of drugs; use of electronic equipment, including mobile cellular phones, laptop computers, PDAs, portable recorders, portable radio, CD, DVD and MP3 players, electronic games or transmitting devices or cause chaos and disturbance onboard the aircraft;
- the passenger made, attempted to make, or appears to have made, a bomb hoax, hijack threat or any other security threat;
- flyEgypt has been informed (orally or in writing) by immigration or other authorities of the country to which you are traveling to or through which you may intend to transit, or of a country in which you have a stopover planned, that you will not be permitted entry to such country even if you have valid travel documents;
- the passenger fails or refuses to provide flyEgypt information in their possession, or available to them, which a governmental authority has lawfully asked flyEgypt to provide about the passenger, or it appears to flyEgypt that any information the passenger has given is false or misleading;
- the passenger is medically unfit to fly without the correct attested documentation from medical professionals;
- the passenger is, or flyEgypt reasonably suspects they are, in unlawful possession of drugs;
Is alcohol served on board flyEgypt flights?
What is flyEgypt’s compensation policy for delayed or cancelled flights?
We strive to abide by our scheduled flight times. To do this, we may arrange for a flight to be operated on our behalf by an alternative carrier and/or aircraft without accepting the obligation to make such arrangements. If we cancel a flight, fail to operate a flight according to its scheduled date and time, fail to stop at your destination or stopover destination, or cause you to miss a connecting flight on which you had a confirmed reservation, we shall, at your option, either:
- Carry you at the earlier opportunity on another of our scheduled flights on which space is available without additional charge and, where necessary, extend the validity of your Ticket;
- Within a reasonable period of time re-route you to the destination shown on your ticket by our own flights or those of another carrier, or by other mutually agreed means and class of transportation without additional charges. If the fare and charges for the revised routing are lower than what you have paid, we shall refund the difference, or make a refund minus applicable taxes, charges and fees;
- If it is not possible to carry you to the destination shown on your ticket within a reasonable period of time using our own services and if you do not wish a refund, we may use the services of another carrier chosen by us to bring you to the destination (same class If available);
- Where your flight is due to be operated by us from an airport within the EU and has been cancelled or delayed for at least four (4) hours or you have been downgraded on an involuntary basis you may be entitled to certain rights and we will inform you about those rights when they arise;
- If you fail to reconfirm a reservation for any flight where it is required that reconfirmation is necessary, we may cancel all of your reservations. No refund of the fare paid will be available in these reservations unless permitted by the conditions applicable to your ticket;
For the comfort, safety and convenience of all our passengers, we have maximum weight and dimension limits for allowed cabin baggage which are made clear to passengers during the booking process, and again at the airport prior to check-in.
Unless stated otherwise, the maximum allowed weight for cabin baggage is 7kg.
If your cabin baggage does not meet the above-mentioned requirements, we may request that you check it in; this may incur additional charges if your ticket does not include an allowance for checked-in baggage.
If in doubt, please contact us on our support channels.
Cabin baggage prohibited items
- Real, replica or toy weapons (plastic or metal), or any object which looks like a weapon or could reasonably be mistaken for a weapon;
- Tradesman’s tools;
- Ammunition, detonators, fuses, grenades, gas and gas containers such as butane, propane, acetylene, oxygen, explosives or anything which contains explosives, catapults, cross bows, harpoons and spear guns, stun or chocking devices such as prods, ballistic conducted energy weapons;
- Lighters shaped like fire arms, fireworks, flares and other pyrotechnics (including party poppers, festive crackers and toy caps);
- Non-safety matches, smoke generating canisters or cartridges, flammable liquid fuel such as petrol/gasoline, diesel, lighter fuel, alcohol, ethanol, aerosol spray paint, turpentine and paint thinner;
- Alcoholic beverages exceeding 70% by volume, acids and alkalis such as wet batteries that may spill, corrosive or bleaching substances such as mercury, or chlorine;
- Disabling or incapacitating sprays such as mace, pepper, tear gas;
- Radioactive material such as medicinal or commercial isotopes, poisons, infectious or hazardous biological material such as infected blood, bacteria and viruses;
- Materials capable of spontaneous ignition or combustion, fire extinguishers;
- Sharp objects such as darts, household cutlery, scissors, corkscrews, nail files, knives with blades of any length, knitting needles, paper knives, sporting bats and clubs, razor blades (except safety razors and accompanying cartridges), billiard, snooker or pool cues, hypodermic needles (except those required for medical reasons and accompanied by a medical certificate confirming the medical condition), hard sporting balls or martial arts devices meant to inflict bodily harm;
What happens if I am asked to surrender any cabin baggage to be placed in the aircraft’s cargo hold?
Check-in baggage prohibited items
- Items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft, such as those specified in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations, and in our own regulations (further information is available upon request through our support channels);
- Items the carriage of which is prohibited by the applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state to be flown from or to;
- Money, jewellery, precious metals, computers, personal electronic devices, stored data medication or medical equipment which may be required in-flight or during your trip or which cannot be quickly replaced if lost or damaged, house keys or car keys, negotiable papers, securities or other valuable items or documents, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples;
- Any electronic cigarettes and other portable electronic smoking equipment, in accordance with ICAO Technical Instructions document for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air (Technical Instructions - Doc. 9284);
- Weapons, firearms and ammunition for hunting and sporting purposes may be accepted at our sole discretion as checked baggage. Firearms must be unloaded, with the safety catch on, and suitably packed. Carriage of ammunition is subject to ICAO and IATA regulations as specified in Article 220.127.116.11;
- Perishable or fragile articles;
Can I bring my pets on board the flight?
Small pets e.g. cats and dogs, maximum 4 PETC per flight with the following;
flyEgypt transports only PETC (Pets in Cabin – Dogs & cats) and do not accept AVIH (Live animals) on any of its aircraft.
The transportation of a pet as cabin baggage is subject to space available and the carrier's approval, only cats, and small dogs may be transported as cabin baggage
The passenger is responsible for fulfilling the following criteria:
– Transportation of the pet in a suitable container/crate to ensure safe and comfortable transport. It must be leak-proof.
– The crate must not exceed the maximum dimensions 55x40x20cm, and must not weigh more than 07 kg (cabin baggage limit) exceeded kilo will be subject to excess baggage payment rules.
– The pet must stay inside the crate during the entire stay on board.
– Provision of proper documentation for health, entry, and transfer for all countries en route.
–The passenger with a pet shall be seated at the windows side but not in the first row or in an emergency exit row.
This option will be available as an ancillary
service during the booking process. If not, please contact us on our support channels to inquire about
availability and any applicable charges.
Can I travel with large articles such as audio equipment, musical instruments and sports gear?
Are e-cigarettes permitted on board flyEgypt flights?
Can I share my baggage allowance with other passengers?
How are my bags checked by security?
How can I claim my checked baggage upon arrival at my destination?
What do I do if I do not find my luggage on arrival at my destination?
Please speak with one of our team or contact us via email providing us with your current address and contact details.
If the above-mentioned conditions do not apply to you, your baggage will be carried on an alternative flight. Unless applicable law at the place of collection requires you to be present for customs clearance, we will deliver it to you at the address you have provided to us.
Why did my luggage not board the same flight as me?
- the size, weight or character of the checked baggage was found incompatible with the aircraft’s cargo hold
- the passenger’s failure to comply with flyEgypt’s Conditions of Carriage.
How much baggage are children and infants allowed to bring on board?
What kind of mobility or meet and greet assistance can I get through flyEgypt?
Can I travel with my leg in a cast?
Do flyEgypt aircraft have seats of varying widths?
What is available for purchase on flyEgypt flights?
Depending on your route, you may be able to purchase meals, snacks and a limited selection of duty-free items onboard our flights. To find out what is available for your flight, please contact us on our support channels. We are constantly growing our onboard services and will update our website and other channels accordingly, so stay tuned.
We accept payments by credit and debit card, as well as cash payments in EGP, EUR and USD.
Are there restrictions for expectant mothers?
I’ve spotted a problem. Who do I speak to?
How can I get regular information on your offers and promotions?
How can I apply to work with flyEgypt?
Want to contact us?
Check out how to get in touch with us here.